Wednesday, September 23, 2009

JR西日本ーJR九州


JR西日本ーJR九州, originally uploaded by sleepytako.

Last month's train trip was one of my best. I got to ride a boat-load of new and different trains and ride a boat too! Watching the landscape scroll by and all the little stations along the route was great. It's addictive. I got to ride the special Pokemon themed train on the Kyushu Shinkansen even. I didn't get to ride on all those trains pictured, one of them is a maintenance train for example, but I did ride most of them.

Generally speaking, my route looked like this although there were some more stops and train changes.

Koyoen -> Sannomiya -> Kokura -> Beppu -> Miyazaki -> Shibushi -> Kagoshima (via bus and ferry) -> Makurasaki -> Kagoshima -> Shin-Yatsushiro -> Kokura -> Shin-Osaka -> Koyoen

1 comment:

owenandbenjamin said...

Cool. I love Japanese trains. The blue sonic train looks really cool.