Friday, January 02, 2009

Retrospective 2008 - Part 3

Here I present my best photos of 2008. As usual this year I continued the themes of detritus and the vernacular landscape. Be it the remains of city infrastructure or the everyday objects that facilitate our economies, I try to highlight things that we see everyday, but might not notice or think about.

I was helped this year by the trick Lensbaby lens and Adobe's Lightroom software. Most of these photos were shot in RAW and converted to JPEG for posting to flickr. I use a Canon EOS 40D camera.

These photos can also be found at my flickr set: Restospective 2008
Part one can be found here. Part two can be found here.


Abunai
Abunai - Nishinomiya, Hyogo
Don't go swimming in the pond.

Sea Dice II
Sea Dice II - Kata, Wakayama

Matsuri Girls Watching
Matsuri Girls, Watching - Sanda, Hyogo
I try to avoid taking shots of people or people in Japanese dress, but this shot jumped out at me.

Storage Room
Storage Room - Kaizuka, Osaka

Garden Path
Garden Path - Kanazawa, Ishikawa

Parking Spot #1
Parking Spot #1 - Kameyama, Mie

Gun-Hunting
Gun-Hunting - Kaizuka, Osaka

Raising the Flag for the Sports Festival
Raising the Flag for the Sports Festival - Nishinomiya, Hyogo

National Railway Fan
National Railway Fan - On the JR Nara Line, Kyoto

Hidden Flower
Hidden Flower - Kishinosato-Tamade Station, Osaka

2 comments:

angryparsnip said...

Abunai !

One of my favorite photos ! I have a copy of this in my studio... which can be very dangerous at any time, yikes !

bioloquacious said...

you really are such a talented photographer. glad to see you still take in the beauty around you easily :)