Wednesday, October 01, 2008

2 Koku Ramen - 2国ラーメン


2koku-ramen, originally uploaded by sleepytako.



My favorite ramen is from2国 (Nikoku) in Nagata-ku, Kobe. It's got all the lovely stuff; garlic, kimchi, onion, bean sprouts, and a lot of meat, but nothing's too overpowering. It's balanced in its flavor. Some ramen is just too overpowering and it makes you feel like you ate a brick--Nikoku doesn't do that.

My "Nikoku ramen," on the left, was ¥900. Yuko's normal ramen, on the right, was ¥570. Gyoza are ¥280.

It's open 11AM~3AM (the next day, 2AM on Sundays and holidays) according to this blog which also has a photo of the giant ramen bowl sign outside of the shop.

4 comments:

angryparsnip said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.....OH NO YOU DIDN'T.... you always send pictures of way too yummy food that looks so good.. why didn't we go there?
I need a picture of the front of the store...
food good sleepytako bad !

Akiba said...

Did you finish them all by yourself???


This is my first post here, so, nice to meet you~~

sleepytako said...

Thanks for commenting! Nice to meet you too.

No, I had the one on the left, my wife had the other one. We shared the gyoza.

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Don't know if I'll be getting over to Hyogo anytime soon, but if I do, I'll definitely check that place out. If you ever get out to Tokyo, check this place out
http://www.kohmen.com/index.html

and have the tantanmen, the best in the world, IMO.