Sunday, March 22, 2009

Restaurant Review: O'kiny Kurakuenguchi


Okiny-ChigeNabe, originally uploaded by sleepytako.

I love Korean food. It's nice and spicy. There's lot's of meat. It can't be beat.

O'kiny is a new chige restaurant near Kurakuenguchi. It serves chige a spicy stew that's eaten over rice reminiscent of Japanese nabe. This was my first time having it and it was great. The stew and rice come in the pots they were cooked in. You scoop the rice and stew into a third bowl and eat it from there with a spoon. When you're done the waitress will fill the rice bowl with hot tea and you can scrape the super good burnt rice off side of the bowl and eat it too. If you're afraid of it being too spicy you can choose from 5 spicy levels. I had 3, the second hottest, which was just perfect. The meal comes with all you can eat Korean nori, bean sprouts, and spicy cucumber also, if the chige was not enough.

This was my first time having chige so I don't have anything to compare it with, but I loved it. Lunch was about ¥1,300 (around $13USD).

O'kini is a little walk up Shukugawa river from Kurakuenguchi station on the Hankyu Koyo line in the Sunny Garden building.

O'kini Homepage

Google Map

2 comments:

angryparsnip said...

ACK! pictures of yummy food ! I'm so hungry.

I am so JEALOUS ! I love Korean food and I love Korean Nori..... we have to go their on my next trip....

the soul of japan said...

OK! This looks awesome. Tasty!